We are a synthetic polymer chemistry group based in the Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK. Our research is diverse but may be loosely grouped as novel materials for therapeutics and diagnostics.
To achieve this we use a combination of "small molecule" synthesis, modern polymer synthesis, including controlled radical and ring-opening polymerizations, and in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
- 15 Mar 2019 » Nora's paper on polymer-virus conjugates is now out in Bioconjugate Chem.
- 20 Dec 2018 » We've been awarded funding by UKRI/EPSRC to redefine single use plastic. Found out more here.
- 07 Dec 2018 » Congratulations to Kat on passing her PhD viva.
- 01 Oct 2018 » New starters in the group - MChem project students Elena and James, and new PhD students Josh, Sam, Ellen, Jake and Jon.
- 01 Oct 2018 » Goodbye and good luck to Kat, who has submitted her thesis and is starting a postdoc position with Prof. Matt Gibson in Warwick
- 08 Feb 2018 » Tom's paper on self-assembly of statistical copolymers is now out in Macromolecules.
- 21 Dec 2017 » New paper on alkyl-modified DNA-based delivery systems published in Mol. Pharmaceutics.
- 01 Nov 2017 » PhD studentship in oxidation-responsive materials available for Sept/Oct. 2018 start.
- 05 Oct 2017 » Congratulations to Kat on winning a poster prize at the Advanced Materials for Biomedical Applications Conference in Ghent.
- News archive
- "Polyvalent diazonium polymers provide efficient protection of oncolytic adenovirus Enadenotucirev from neutralising antibodies while maintaining biological activity in vitro and in vivo", Bioconjugate Chem., 2019, Just Accepted Manuscript, 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.9b00189. [DOI]
- "Self-assembly of amphiphilic statistical copolymers and their aqueous rheological properties", Macromolecules, 2018, 51, 1474-1487. [DOI]
- "Alkyl-modified oligonucleotides as intercalating vehicles for doxorubicin uptake via albumin binding", Mol. Pharmaceutics, 2018, 15, 437-446. [DOI]
- "Control of aggregation temperatures in mixed and blended cytocompatible thermoresponsive block co-polymer nanoparticles", Soft Matter, 2017, 13, 7441-7452. [DOI]
- "The effect of hyperbranched poly(acrylic acid)s on the morphology and size of precipitated nanoscale (fluor)hydroxyapatite.", J. Mater. Chem. B., 2017, 5, 6027-6033. [DOI]
- Full publication list