We are a synthetic polymer chemistry group based in the Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK. Our research is diverse but may be loosely grouped as novel materials for therapeutics and diagnostics.
To achieve this we use a combination of "small molecule" synthesis, modern polymer synthesis, including controlled radical and ring-opening polymerizations, and in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
- 10 Mar 2017 » Congratulations to Laura passing her PhD viva.
- 01 Feb 2017 » Congratulations to Laura on her new job at Scott Bader.
- 14 Apr 2016 » New article on DNA-based drug delivery systems published in Bioconjugate Chem..
- 10 Feb 2016 » New article on protein solution behaviour published in RSC Advances.
- 27 Jan 2016 » New article on DNA-based 19F MRI probes published in Polymer Chemistry.
- 17 Dec 2015 » Congratulations to Lee on passing his PhD viva.
- 16 Dec 2015 » Congratulations to Laura on winning the prize for best presentation at the 5th Annual Postgraduate Symposium on Nanotechnology.
- 28 Nov 2015 » Congratulations to Nora on passing her viva yesterday.
- 04 Oct 2015 » New paper on phosphonium polymers for siRNA delivery now out in Biomacromolecules
- 28 Sep 2015 » Several new PhD, MChem and Erasmus students have joined the group
- 21 Apr 2015 » Nora's paper on thiol-ene functionalisation of pHPMA is now out in Macromolecules
- 07 Apr 2015 » Congratulations to Giovanna Sicilia on passing her PhD viva last week.
- 17 Feb 2015 » New members of the group. Laila Alhaidari will be studying for a PhD in 19F MRI theranostics for cancer. MSc students Daniel Cheung and Raj Kumar Devadoss will be undertaking their projects in core-shell hyperbranched polymers and antimicrobial coatings respectively.
- 23 Jan 2015 » Giovanna's paper on DNA-responsive hydrogels is in the Top 10 Most Accessed Biomaterials Science papers of 2014. The second year we have been in the Top 10!
- 30 Dec 2014 » I've made a $\LaTeX$ template/class for EPSRC proposals available on github